The 2013 Oberlin Doggie Doo & Pooch Parade is scheduled for Saturday, September 21st, 2013. This event, sponsored by the Oberlin Business Partnership, raises much-needed funds for local animal shelters, increases awareness of the plight of homeless dogs, and helps people become interested in adopting dogs. Many dog rescue groups and local animal shelters come to this event each year with dogs for people to see, and hopefully, adopt! All events are held on Tappan Square in Oberlin, Ohio.
Proceeds from sponsorships and donations will go to local dog rescue groups. Each year, we have been fortunate enough to increase the amount of funds accrued due to the wonderful generosity of our many sponsors and donors. Proceeds from past Oberlin Doggie Doo events have benefited: OASIS (Oberlin Aid to Strays in Distress), Erie Shores Humane Society, Friendship Animal Protective League (formerly Lorain County Animal Protective League), Lifesavers Spay and Neuter, and Saint Francis Animal Sanctuary. Past Doggie Doo events have been wonderful success stories for the rescue organizations that benefited from the funds raised, the pets who were adopted, and for the many participants and attendees.
Click on the links on the left for more details about the day's events. If you're planning to attend in the future with your dog(s) - and we hope you do! - please note the following:
(1) A large container of water will be provided in the center of Tappan Square. Also, for those water-loving dogs or those that get overheated quickly, we will have two "cooling stations" - pools where dogs can climb in and cool off! (Use at your own risk - not for drinking purposes.)
(2) Dogs must be on a leash, no longer than 6 feet in length, at all times (lock retractable leashes also at no more than 6 feet).
(3) Dogs attending need to be comfortable with crowds, loud noises, other dogs, and close contact with people and other dogs.
(4) All dogs must be licensed and current on vaccinations/shots.
(5) There are to be no sales of animals by individuals, or transactions wherein dogs or other animals are relinquished to any rescue group or animal shelter by any person(s), during the Doggie Doo event on Tappan Square. (See further information under Rescue Groups).
We look forward to seeing you and your dog(s) in Oberlin
Web site photos courtesy of Dale Preston, Dee Palmer and Cindy Sanders.